Saturday, May 20, 2023

Are You In The Mood?

 

Are you in the mood?

It's a loaded question, right? For writers it can mean many things.

1. Are you in the mood to write?
Let's talk about that. There are some writers who stick to a schedule no matter what. From 5am until 7 am they are Johnny-On-The-Spot and committed to getting their writing down every day no matter what. 

I am not one of those people. 

I am a mood writer.

As much as I love to write and I do love it with a passion, I have to be in the mood. If my mind is not in a certain place I do not have the creative energy to write. It is like pulling teeth. I can't do it. I wish things were different for me, but it is what it is.

2. What are you in a mood to write?

This is a tricky one. There are some people who know they are going to write a series and they are going to stick to finishing that series no matter what. I am not that person. I might start writing a paranormal series and finish book 1. It makes more sense to finish the series, right? Of course it does, but my brain doesn't work that way. Just because I was in the mood to write paranormal for one book doesn't mean that I want to continue in that genre. Maybe I want to write YA or suspense now. Variety is the spice of life. I love to read in multiple genres and I am a pretty damn good writer so why shouldn't I write in them as well?

What are the sayings? I contain multitudes. I am woman. Hear me roar. At this stage in my life, I feel like I have the capability to do anything. I shouldn't limit myself and I'm not going to, as long as I am in the mood...

No comments: