Monday, September 9, 2013

SO MUCH TO DO, SO LITTLE TIME


     My first novel Goddess of Legend will be out sometime this month. As I just recently signed my book deal, I am more than a little behind the 8 Ball when it comes to promotion. As such, I've found myself running around like a chicken with its head cut off as I try to prepare for this momentous occasion, in the midst of staying on top of all my graduate school work for this very important and last semester of school. To try and stay organized I have put together a list of things that I believe I need to do to be prepared for my book release day.

1. Set up a website- After a suggestion I chose Wix as my platform of choice to set up my website. Once I played around with it, things became fairly easy. With the help of the wonderful and talented +Perri Forrest my website looks absolutely amazing. Why is a website so important? It gives potential readers their first impression of you and lets them know about your work.

2. Create an Author page on Amazon- Amazon has overtaken all other sellers when it comes to books. With people all over the world buying from Amazon, you'd be crazy not to have a profile on here. Exposure is everything.

3. Create an Author page on Facebook- While Facebook may not be as popular as it once was, it is still another way to reach potential new readers, without the 140 character limit on Twitter.

4. Set up a Twitter Account- Twitter is where it's at. In 140 characters or less you can build one on one relationships with everyone from aspiring authors to published pros. Twitter opens up a whole wonderful world where you are able to connect with amazing people who can encourage you along the way. In addition Twitter is the perfect venue for tweeting a link to your book or website. You must have a Twitter!

5. Create a Goodreads Author Page- Goodreads is a wonderful resource to learn about new releases everyone is reading, and having yet another platform to let readers know about your book.

So as you can see there are many things to do to prepare for your long awaited release day. There are still some things on this list that I need to do, but I know somehow it will all get done. In the meantime, try not to pull your hair out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You've got this girl! Go get 'em!!