Sunday, December 31, 2017

SAYING GOODBYE TO 2017



    Well 2017 is on it's way out and boy has it been a crazy busy year in more ways than one. In my personal life I made 3 job changes. Yep, you heard it right, three. I went from 2 part time jobs to 1 full time and then left the full time one for a new one that leaves me sitting behind a desk again. Yeah, I had a lot going on. Besides that I also got my acceptance into an RN program which I will be starting the second week of 2018. So yeah, a lot happened on the personal end this year.

Now let's talk about writing wise......

Um....My output slumped tremendously. Life gets in the way of the best of intentions. I re-released both Dirty Little Secrets and Devious Little Lies as self-published novels after the closing of the previous publisher (which was a whole 'nother' stressor within itself, trust me). My only new release was Madame Moll, Book 3 of the Gun Moll trilogy with super-author Bethany-Kris. Gun Moll was such a fun trilogy to write and I really think Bethany and I really created something unique within the Organized Crime genre. In 2018 Bethany and I are looking to tackle another couple readers have hinted at wanting to read more about, so look for this new standalone sometime in the future.

So what else do I have planned for 2018?

Well... In the personal life, do my damnedest to pass RN school. Yep. Send me all the positive vibes you have available.

And the writing life...for starters I need to get back in touch with my muse and stop being so easily distracted. My attention span has definitely seemed to shrink as I age. But seriously, I have a contemporary, African American romance tentatively titled Crossing Lines that is about 40% done sitting on my laptop. In 2018 I'd like to get past my emotional hang-ups and release this baby into the world. I think Anicca and Treyvon have been sitting on my laptop long enough. Besides Crossing Lines, I'd like to complete Deadly Arrangement, Book 1 of my new Organized Crime Romance series, The Corrupt Cassinellis. Book 1 is about one-third of the way done and has been languishing on my laptop for some time as well.

So...3 books in all. 2 solo and 1 co-authored. Can I do it in the midst of a full time job and attending RN school? I don't know, but I'll try my best to get back to sharing my words with the world again. Happy New Year!





No comments: