Wednesday, November 26, 2014

CHARACTER INTERVIEW- Chris Triton

CHARACTER INTERVIEW
 
Inside the Mind of Chris Triton
 

 What's the best way to learn more about a person? By asking someone exactly what you want to know. Today I'm sitting down with Chris Triton, one of the stars of the new Demi-god Daughters novel, Goddess by Chance.

ME: Chris, thank you so much for taking the time to speak with me today.

CT: First of all let's cut the Chris nonsense. My real name is Triton, Greek God of Calm Seas to those that didn't know.

ME: Forgive me. I didn't know if you wanted your real identity exposed to everyone.

CT: There's no time like the present.

ME: I agree. Well then, shall we get this interview started?

T: I'm ready whenever you are.

ME: Well let's get to the meat of things. What is your greatest fear?

T: Wow, no warning with that one. Straight to the gut. Hmm...Since I'm being honest, probably being alone with no one to love and truly care for you. Eternity gets lonely for everyone.

ME: I can't even imagine. So what would you say is your current state of mind now?

T: Absolute bliss. I have everything I could ever ask for. I love Arienne more than anything in this entire universe. Everyday is something to look forward to because she's here.

ME: It seems she's changed your life in a lot of ways.

T: She has. I started living again when I met her.

ME: So how do we classify you now? Hero? Reformed Villain? Stoic Anti-hero

T: Why so many labels? Geesh

ME: Well people want to know.

T: I know. I know. For all the inquiring minds I'm still the stoic anti-hero. Don't get me wrong. I'm a changed man, but if the time calls for it I can still be ruthless and will not hesitate to be so.

ME: I guess that says everything we need to know.

T: It should. Anything else you want to know?

ME: What is the quality you most like in a woman?

T: I have to pick just one?

ME: Try to.

T: Hmm...Well if I have to pick just one, then loyalty.

ME: Why loyalty?

T: Because while there are a lot of people who may claim to love you and may even believe that they do if they aren't loyal to you, it doesn't mean anything?

ME: I can't argue you with you on that point. You've made it abundantly clear disloyalty is the trait you most deplore in orders. Would I be correct?

T: Absolutely. Without a doubt.

ME: Now out of everything, what would you say is your biggest regret?

T: Denying my feelings for Arienne as long as I did. Trying to convince myself that love wasn't in my future anymore.

ME: Now that is an all too human feeling.

T: Indeed it is.

ME: But knowing what you know now, aren't you glad you finally gave in to what you felt?

T: More than you'll ever know.

ME: So what would you say the future holds for you now?

T: Happiness for all eternity. A life with the woman I love and lots and lots of babies.

ME: Lots of babies huh? Is Arienne on board with this?

T: I kind of still have to ask her.

ME: Be sure to let me know how that goes and thank you for sitting down with me today.

T: Thank you for having me.

No comments: